What would you sketch unto my heart
Upon this wrecked'n ruined sight
Would you paint in beauty pure
Or would you carve in hate'n spite
I wonder what your sense would gauge
These stitches mend across the frame
Though at hunch I hold the deepest thought
That you my dear do feel the same
For caves and caverns of tattered crest
A labyrinth kept for all to see
But I shall find the path profound
I will find this garden's key
For the past does chase us both I feel
We seem to run in fear'n haste
Never ready to face these ghosts
This life with doubt is always laced
But now I feel that this canvas dark
Has a hint, a speck, a dot of light
For you have touched this place so dark
And vanquished pure this eternal night
You've left your mark upon my heart
And beauty-I feel, can again command
My senses turned from hollowed way
For you my dear, now guide this hand
I made art out of this beautiful poem you wrote me.. I think it is the most amazing thing I've ever read. It feels so special to receive such words from someone you care so deeply for.
ReplyDeleteYou brought me from such a dark place into such a beautiful place of light and opportunity.
Forever, my love, I will guide your hand :)